COVID-19 SAFE GOLF GUIDELINES
From Saturday 13th March 2021
Following the Welsh Government announcement on Friday 12th March 2021, the following guidelines will come into force from Saturday 13th March 2021.
This list of Safe Golf guidelines will be posted in the starter shed by the 1st tee. Please familiarise yourself with them.
All the information in this document is subject to change due to Welsh Government announcements. We will keep you informed of any changes.
CAN I PLAY GOLF WITH PEOPLE OUTSIDE MY HOUSEHOLD?
‘Members of two separate households can meet outdoors at any one time as long as they stay local and maintain social distancing.’
Taking this information into consideration, the following groupings are allowed when playing golf and when travel is local.
- Individuals playing golf on their own
- Two balls:
- Two players from one household
- Two players from different households
- Three balls:
- Three players from one household
- Two players from one household with one from another household
- Four balls:
- Four players from one household
- Two players from one household with two from another household
- One player from one household and three from another household
Physical distancing guidelines and industry guidelines must be adhered to before, during, and after the round.
IN ADVANCE OF PLAY
- If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home.
- Only members with a pre-booked tee time can travel to the golf club.
- Government guidelines on travel restrictions to be applied.
- All golfers are advised to carry their own hand sanitiser in their golf bags and use regularly.
- We will be allowing guests of members from Saturday 13th March. Please book your guest/s in via the BRS system or call the pro shop on 01492 548115. Please pay by card if possible.
- Players should arrive at the club no earlier than 15 minutes before their tee off time.
- You will only be able to book a tee time for 2 players on the BRS system.
- Course marshalling will be taking place to make sure the rules are being adhered to.
- 1st tee starting point only with 10 minute intervals from 8.30am (8.00am from 1st April)
- All golfers should arrive dressed for golf and change shoes in the car park.
- Players may only use the practice putting green for a maximum of 10 minutes before their tee time, and users must remain at least 2 meters apart at all times. Players must use their own golf balls.
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times in accordance with the advice given by our governing bodies.
- Please note the use of the course is at your own risk.
PLAY ON COURSE
- Social distancing must always be adhered to in accordance with the advice given by our governing bodies. Even 2 people from the same family are expected to social distance.
- Players should arrive at the 1st tee no earlier than five minutes before their tee time.
- No caddies allowed for the time being.
- Avoid touching any other golf ball except for your own.
- Do not approach green keeping staff at any time.
- Players must stick to the course layout.
- Do not enter teeing ground until it is cleared by the player/s in front.
- Players must maintain their position in relation to those playing in front.
- All bunker rakes will be removed for the foreseeable future with members being able to lift and place in the bunker within 6 inches, no closer to the hole. Please smooth the bunker with your foot or club after play.
- The ball retriever on the 18th hole has been temporarily removed.
- Ball washers and benches are temporarily not in use.
- The flag must always be left in the hole (to avoid unnecessary contact with it)
AT THE END OF YOUR ROUND
- Players must leave the club immediately following play to avoid gatherings.
- The clubhouse will remain closed until the Welsh Government allows it to open.
- Men – please use the men’s locker room toilet.
- Ladies – please use the toilet behind the pro shop. Pro shop staff will open the door for you.
- We will be serving from outside the pro shop.
- The pro shop will be available for you to purchase any refreshments or any items you require.
- No one will be allowed inside the pro shop until further notice (hopefully 12th April)
- Buggies will be restricted to 1 person per buggy and must be booked in advance, so we can have them ready for when you arrive.
- Trolleys and electric trolleys will be available for hire but must be booked in advance.
We have been advised by Wales Golf that these are the conditions under which the club should continue to operate. Failure on the club’s part may result in closure once again.
Any member deliberately failing to adhere to the conditions stipulated will face immediate suspension from the club and will be subject to a disciplinary hearing.
It is our intention to continue to operate under these conditions until advised otherwise by our governing bodies.
We are monitoring daily Government advice and inevitably circumstances will change. Our number one priority is the health and welfare of all members and staff and it is imperative that all individuals follow the Government guidance on ‘Social Distancing’ and ‘Self Isolation’.
Thank you for your continued co-operation.
Rhos on Sea Golf Club