COVID-19 SAFE GOLF GUIDELINES
Following the Welsh Government announcement on Friday 10th July 2020, the following guidelines will come into force from Monday 13th July 2020.
This list of Safe Golf guidelines will be posted in the starter shed by the 1st tee. Please familiarise yourself with them.
All the information in this document is subject to change due to Welsh Government announcements. We will keep you informed of any changes.
CAN I PLAY GOLF WITH PEOPLE OUTSIDE MY HOUSEHOLD?
Following the First Ministers announcements on Friday 10th July, Wales Golf is pleased to announce that from Monday 13th of July, 3 and 4 ball golf is permitted from different households following golf industry and Welsh Government protocols.
This is as a result of organised outdoor activities being able to resume.
Physical distancing guidelines and industry guidelines must be adhered to before, during, and after the round.
IN ADVANCE OF PLAY
- If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home.
- Wash your hands and golf equipment before leaving home.
- All golfers are advised to carry their own hand sanitiser in their golf bags and use regularly.
- Book you guest/s in via the BRS system or call the pro shop on (01492) 548115. Please pay by card if you can.
- All golfers should arrive dressed for golf and change shoes in the car park.
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times in accordance with the advice given by our governing bodies.
- Please note the use of the course is at your own risk.
PLAY ON COURSE
- Social distancing must always be adhered to in accordance with the advice given by our governing bodies. Even 2 people from the same family are expected to social distance.
- Players should arrive at the 1st tee no earlier than five minutes before their tee time.
- No caddies allowed for the time being.
- Avoid touching any other golf ball except for your own.
- Do not approach green keeping staff at any time.
- Players must stick to the course layout.
- Do not enter teeing ground until it is cleared by the player/s in front.
- All bunker rakes will be removed for the foreseeable future with members being able to lift and place in the bunker. Please smooth the bunker with your foot or club after play.
- Hazard markers will be treated as immovable obstructions to avoid handling them.
- The ball retriever on the 18th hole has been removed.
- Ball washers and benches are not in use.
- The flag must always be left in the hole (to avoid unnecessary contact with it).
AT THE END OF YOUR ROUND
- The air hose will be disconnected and out of use until further notice.
- The clubhouse may open for outside service from Monday 13th July. For the time being, this will be weather dependant and at the owners discretion. We will keep you up to date with any further developments.
- The locker room is closed. Members may retrieve their equipment for their first game but must take them home thereafter.
- The professional shop is open from 8am to 6pm. There will be a strict 3 people at any one time in the shop and markings on the floor that need to be adhered to. There will be a one way system, also marked on the floor. Please don’t hang around too long as there will be others waiting to be served.
- The professional shop now has its own website www.rhosgolfshop.co.uk If you are not comfortable coming into the shop, have a look on the website, call us on (01492) 548115 with your order and we’ll put it to 1 side for you. You can pay by card over the phone, or by bank transfer or you can pay when you collect your items. We can serve you from outside of the shop if you prefer.
- Buggies will be restricted to 1 person per buggy only and must be booked in advance, so we can have them ready for when you arrive.
- Trolleys and electric trolleys are available for hire.
- Buggies and electric trolleys will need to be returned to the professional shop by 5.30pm.
- Buggies, trolleys and electric trolleys will be sanitised by pro shop staff before use.
- The toilet at the side of the shop is closed until further notice.
We have been advised by Wales Golf that these are the conditions under which the club should continue to operate. Failure on the club’s part may result in closure once again.
Any member deliberately failing to adhere to the conditions stipulated will face immediate suspension from the club and will be subject to a disciplinary hearing.
It is our intention to continue to operate under these conditions until advised otherwise by our governing bodies.
We are monitoring daily Government advice and inevitably circumstances will change. Our number one priority is the health and welfare of all members and staff and it is imperative that all individuals follow the Government guidance on ‘Social Distancing’ and ‘Self Isolation’.
Thank you for your continued co-operation.
Rhos on Sea Golf Club